[meteorite-list] RE: Irish fireball & Crumlin

From: Ken O'Neill <kenoneill_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:49 2004

Hi Jim & List,

Some info on Crumin :

http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/bookman/meteorites/SEIRE.HTM#crumlin

Regards

Ken O'Neill
IMCA #9465

-----Original Message-----
From: meteorite-list-admin_at_meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-admin_at_meteoritecentral.com]On Behalf Of Ken
O'Neill
Sent: 02 September 2003 20:34
To: 'jim'; Meteorite-List (E-mail)
Subject: [meteorite-list] RE: Irish fireball

Hi Jim & list,

Good luck on finding some Crumlin, its hard enough trying to locate material
from a recent fall let alone one from 1902, but I suppose you have a general
idea of the strewn field area.

I expect to have more info on the Aug 27th fireball by the weekend. I hope
by then I'll have something positive to report. It would be brilliant for
Ireland to have another fall to add to its short list. As seems to be the
usual eye witness reports vary a lot. I have a bit of an advantage in being
fortunate enough to have witnessed the fireball. What a fantastic sight it
was too.

BTW if anyone can give me some extra tuition on fireball tracking and
locating the strewn field (I wish)please help ! contact me off list if it
will be "run of the mill" stuff for everone else.

Regards

Ken O'Neill
IMCA #9465