[meteorite-list] DAG 670 & 476

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:50 2004

Hello all

http://www-curator.jsc.nasa.gov/curator/antmet/mmc/mmc.htm

DaG 489 - 670 I know the finder,DaG 489 discovery in
the same year of the DaG was 476, likely first, but
for fault of delays in the announcements was published
for first the DaG 476, therefore that DaG says 489-476
be the 2 lucky 13. DaG 670 present a brown matrix with
some fusion crust, not paired in the color with DaG
489, but the matrix is the same.
Regards

Matteo

--- Sharkkb8_at_aol.com wrote:
> Popocatept_at_aol.com writes:
> DAG 476 referred to as "Lucky 13"
>
> Why is it lucky 13?
> It was the thirteenth Mars meteorite
> discovered.....or at least classified.
> If memory serves, there were a few higher-numbered
> DaG's that turned out to be
> Martian, which were technically found prior to 476.
> (Confident the real,
> detailed story will make its list-appearance
> momentarily).
>
> Gregory

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com