[meteorite-list] AOL

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:50 2004

Hi list members,
        I know this is only related to meteorites by way of the fact that
email is THE manor in which we all connect to this list and how most
of us communicate with other list members even off this list. So, any
meteorite purists otherwise uninterested, please hit delete key now
and accept my apology.
    --
        I have been wondering FOR YEARS why ANYONE would subscribe
to AOL. They charge considerably more than other providers AND
they automatically turn attached JPGs into zip files AND they do
NOT have the "click-to" function when you send a URL imbedded in
an email. So, while the rest of the world only needs to click on the
URL sent to them and they automatically open into their browser at
the URL address, an AOL user must copy the URL, open their browser,
paste in the URL and then hit "return" to get to the URL address.
        As for them turning attached JPGs into zip files - I cannot
download them - though, I am told, Acrobat Reader is SUPPOSED
to do that - it doesn't and then I was told to go download Win Zip -
and when I went to do that, the Win Zip software wants $29.95
for the download.
        Well, AOL can kiss my...... oops, sorry.
        Now, I am convinced that meteorite collectors are among the
most intelligent people in the world. So, those of you who use this
incredibly feeble AOL, please explain WHY? Do you have kids that
use their chat rooms or something? There MUST be a reason people
would pay more to get less. Do they have some sort of other goodies
to keep you? Please tell me. Who knows, maybe there is something
I am missing and I would WANT to be on AOL.....
        I really want to know, because it just boggles my brain ( which,
I guess, is not such a difficult accomplishment).
        RSVP
        Thanks, Michael PS: Since this is NOT a "meteorite" topic, people
should probably email me OFF LIST and I will report back to the list in a
few days with the results - sound like a plan? If there are other NON-aol
users who feel as I do or have other issues with aol, you are also welcome
to email me and I will report those findings to the list, as well.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
    Philip K. Dick
--
SUPPORT OUR TROUPS:
http://www.takebackthemedia.com/onearmy.html