[meteorite-list] Re:New Asteroid Threat Seen (Asteroid 2003 QQ47)

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:50 2004

--------------050605060600040207030102

To give out false information is just a way to find great "sensations",
to wait a day and give the right information is ok. This case was just
the same like an year ago from the british "astronomers". Donīt wonder,
40% of british people belive in the consspiracy in the death of the princess
of Wales.

The line of NASA is a the correct way to inform about this possibility. I
know, there has been bigger hits, and there will be bigger hits in the
future.

I live 4 kilometers from Suvasvesi impact-structure, and because
of that also my kids know, there has been bigger hits and there will be
bigger hits in the future.

But the way press and news handled this item is just a way to get more
sold and more watchers, this is immoral and makes only damage.

take care,

pekka

--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND
+ 358 400 818 912
Group Home Page: http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/eurocoin
Group Email Address: eurocoin_at_smartgroups.com
--------------050605060600040207030102
<head>
</head>
To give out false information is just a way to find great "sensations",<br>
to wait a day and give the right information is ok. This case was just<br>
the same like an year ago from the british "astronomers". &nbsp;Don&acute;t wonder,<br>
40% of british people belive in the consspiracy in the death of the princess<br>
of Wales.<br>
The line of NASA is a the correct way to inform about this possibility. I<br>
know, there has been bigger hits, and there will be bigger hits in the <br>
future. <br>
I live 4 kilometers from Suvasvesi impact-structure, and because<br>
of that also my kids know, there has been bigger hits and there will be<br>
bigger hits in the future. <br>
But the way press and news handled this item is just a way to get more <br>
sold and more watchers, this is immoral and makes only damage.<br>
take care,<br>
pekka<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:MrX3010_at_aol.com">MrX3010@aol.com</a> wrote:<br>
Yes, the press likes to play up things quite a bit.&nbsp; However lets not shoot
the messengers here just because we dont like the potential message.&nbsp; The
truth is we are in a cosmic shooting gallery and have always been in one.&nbsp;
There have been untold impacts on our world so it's not as strange or out
of the ordinary as some may believe.&nbsp; Yes, people get used to hearing bad
news then eventually blow it off, oh well? If a major impactor were headed
our way what could your average Joe Shmoe do? Nothing so whether any of us
choose to believe it or not the threat is there and will be there.&nbsp; <br>
 The thing I dont understand is the rational of the world in dealing with
this likely threat.&nbsp; We are now at a point in our technological development
to deal with a credible threat if given enough time to do so.&nbsp; However it
seems that its not worth it to the powers that be, that fighting amongst
ourselves is more important than trying to avert the biggest threat to our
world not our nation or our land, but our entire planet.<br>
 Just my opinion,<br>
  <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND