[meteorite-list] Re: Putorano

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:51 2004

All of the Putorana (fka Putorano Plateau) specimens that I've seen looked
amazingly similar. However, the mesosiderite Lamont could pass for
Putorana as they look very similar.

The TKW that made it's way into the USA market a few years ago was
<100KG. But, I have talked to two different Russians who claim there is
much, much more of this material still in the field. My guess is that no
one really knows for sure.

Best,

John