[meteorite-list] kingman meteorite?

From: Howard Wu <freewu2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:51 2004

--0-993932283-1062897321=:24388

Isn't Kingman the basecamp for those searching the Gold Basin stewnfields? We could rename one of the dozen different meteorites Kingman if it makes your day.

Howard Wu

Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_frontiernet.net> wrote:
Hello List, I came up with a theory on the lack of a kingman meteorite!
Kingman, in N.W. AZ was founded in 1882 and started out as a mining town.
The first western settlers came through Kingman on wagon trains following
the Beale trail on their way to California. It is prime meteorite hunting
territory, a desert with sparse vegetation. I often wondered how a place as
old as kingman could not have it's own meteorite.
I now have a theory. Besides the inbreeding that has gone on in this town
since it's founding, there has also been a severe drug problem. To make
matters worse, it turns out that kingman is 120 miles down wind of the
Nevada nuclear test site the tested nuclear bombs above ground from 1951 to
1963. The residents knew nothing of the secret testing, but remember fondly
the beautiful and colorful clouds that blew over town. The people here are
just to dumb to realize that the neat rock they found could be something
other than a rock! I would put my money on Kingman for having the lowest
average IQ of any town in the US.
Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier <><
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168