[meteorite-list] Meteor, Alsace France

From: Z.Gabelica_at_uha.fr <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:52 2004

Dear Dave, Jean-Claude, Norbert, John, List,

Yes, « Meteor » beer is THE brand we cherish and appreciate during the
Ensisheim show, since the first edition (2000). This beer is indeed quite
popular within the Alsace region but I believe it is not (necessarily) related
to the Ensisheim meteorite itself (although I must check that relatively
important point soon). It was easy for us to privilege that brand for obvious
reasons.
There is another explicit picture of the “Meteor” stand (a must stop for anyone
during the hot days and warm ambience in June..) published in the
journal “Meteorite” (Vol 6, N° 3, 2000, the figure on p 39). Sorry, I don’t
have on hand the original here but I bet most of you do have all
the “Meteorite” issues to check.
Incidently, besides those people proudly smiling in the first row of that
picture (the first 5 new enthroned guardians), there is another person standing
behind, with his head just under the “R” of “Meteor”, namely… myself. I was not
supposed to be pictured and, in fact, I still do not understand what I was
doing there…would you guess ? It was such a hot day! Boy, this beer is
refreshing!

And, while we are at it, here is another little funny story about “Meteor”.
In 2001, Bob Haag was one of our “attractive funny guests”. By no means, he did
appreciate the beer. Yes, Bob, there were many witnesses…among whom the owner
of the “Meteor” beer himself! Actually, he wanted to meet you and probably make
you some valuable proposal for some association…but, as often, you probably
already disappeared.
Oh yes, the owner’s name is…Haag!
Now you understand that this can be a worthy proposal. But this invitation
still holds for 2004 and I know you will come. At least you have this another
reason now.
(Hey, Bob, can you read me ? If you are at the other end of the world for a new
meteorite quest, no doubt you will hear for this interesting news in Denver,
from some listees…)

You can see on Norbert’s more recent picture that things did not change much
within 4 years and that “Meteor” beer is still as popular as perhaps the “Tokay
Pinot Gris” Meteorite wine. The Russian clan (among others) should not
contradict me…
But the idea of John, namely that one day we should all gather in Ensisheim for
the show for a big fun party, is excellent!
Why not next year ? In 2004 indeed, we will celebrate the 20th Anniversary of
the creation of the Ensisheim Meteorite Guardians Confraternity. A special
meteorite threat for sure, along with a famous blast in perspective!
May I renew here my warm invitation to all of you from this List to come along?
Let me know your intentions. And if you come, just don’t stand behind the
curtain, anonymously. We can perhaps really organize a big side “List” party ?
Any suggestion ? I will be so happy to hear from you and your practical
proposals.

After “Ensisheim 2003”, I was very busy or on travel during this Summer season
so I could not even find time to thank all the attendees and visitors. Here it
is done, folks and I appreciated so much your participating, which is always
the guarantee of the show success, while the “Meteor” beer is only some
(excellent) catalyst….that is, nevertheless, “consumed” during the reaction…

You will (probably) read our show report in the forthcoming issue
of “Meteorite” but also some details about the 2004 edition.

Have a good time wherever you gather.

All the best,

Zelimir