[meteorite-list] Priority vs 1st class mail

From: Howard Wu <freewu2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:53 2004

--0-838934670-1063240431=:44800

Hi List,

An experiment published in the Wall Street Journal last year compared delivery times for 1st class mail versed priority mail from NYC to Florida. What they found was very often 1st class got there faster. In fact this experiment was a repeat of one they did years ago and they found the number of packages that arrived later using priority was getting worse. Still the post office gives away those nice boxes...

Howard Wu

Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_comcast.net> wrote:
Anne and all, that is a waste, tiny items shipped priority? I have found over the last 7 years of doing this that first class almost always arrives just as timely.
Of course, as long as you send that way and charge that then it is ok. I am talking more about the people who charge one rate and send at a lower weight. I have had several emails from clients of mine who discuss this about other dealers.
Mike Farmer