Re 2: [meteorite-list] PUTORANA not PURTARANO

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:54 2004

Matt and others,

Thanx Matt for the informative review on Putorana done by real investigators,
unlike myself. If others didn't notice, Matt got some credit for being part
of the article/research team. The article is well done and seems to hit the
issue "right between the eyes". This rock is N O T a meteorite. I'm sure
there are many out there who still wish it becomes one someday. And, as the
article states and Fly Hill alluded to...Maybe more can be learned about the
formation of meteorites from this type of rock?...specifically mesosiderites.

My only point when I opened my mouth on this subject is that it just doesn't
look like what I know as a meteorite in thin section, whether it be a eucrite
or a mesosiderite. Matt's article is a little (OK a lot) more informative
than my simple observations.

As for Ivan's(finmet) latest sale and convoluted description...see below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3239&item=2191274708

And finally, Matt-Matt-Matt...I'm sorry to read that you may have been "taken
to the cleaners" by the master. You need to B E W A R E ! ! ! !

Keeping my guard up,

John