[meteorite-list] Deans BL:Mike Farmers Links:Steve Arnolds Mayan piece

From: jim <frozen_starwing_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:56 2004

Hello list
          I'd like to start by introducing myself
formally as I don't believe I did.My name is Jim Brady
and I live in Belfast,Ireland(technically Northern
Ireland but let's not get political) and I've been
interested in astronomy for many many years since I
was a young lad.About 3 or 4 years ago I got a
computer and discovered the wonderful world of
meteorites.The first picture that really blew me away
was a 350 gram or so polished slice of Glorietta
Mountain on Mike Farmers old site.I was amazed and
totally hooked.Bought my first few pieces from
Mike(including an exquisite slice of Esquell) and then
discovered other dealers also and picked up lots of
goodies(small slice of Cumberland Falls from Rob
Elliot is another favourite).Mike, I'd like to be able
to click on your links and go straight to your
auctions without messing about looking for them but
your links never work.I've tried adding on the end bit
of the link that doesn't come up with blue hypertext
but this doesn't work either.Can you look into this
please?Anyone else experiencing this or am I on my
own?

About Deans BL 'rites.Anyone got a picture or
two,would love to get a look?I missed this one.Have a
vague memory of them being on ebay but must have been
a bad time financially for me or I didn't appreciate
their intrinsic beauty.Thanks

Steve Arnolds mayan ruins---hmmmm.It's almost 2:00pm
here on tuesday afternoon and this piece of artifact
has an hour and a half or so to go with no bids
yet(thankfully say I).This just rubs me the wrong
way,I was going to bite my tongue but the thought of
some tourist coming over to my part of the world and
taking any piece of ancient ruin to sell on ebay is
more than slightly depressing.Steve,bring it back next
time you visit :-)

I've been thinking of going to the Munich show in
November as a little birthday treat to myself.Can
anyone enlighten me about possible dealers who might
be at the show,bargains to look out for there?

thank you
respectfully yours
Jim