[meteorite-list] Munich III

From: Martin <Martin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:57 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C37D66.9ED68160

>From those, who are present on the web, but not on the dealers list, I =
want to mention the Egers with nice stuff and of course Siggi Haberer =
and friends with their excellent documented and classified desert finds =
=96 CK4 monster, howardite, eucrite, I really don=92t know, why their =
table attracts not more attention, he=92s known as one of the most =
friendly persons in this business and when you=92re not taller than 4 =
feets, he will give you a sample for free.

Another well-reputated and =96known dealer from Germany is Mr.K=FCmmel =
(good opportunity to get german meteorites). Pani from Vienna I =
remember with a most colourfull breccia and nice veined fresh H6-NWA. =
Tomelleri from Italy with a very small but exquisite assortement. If I =
don=92t mix it up, Mr.Spich comes in my mind (Gibeon&Korra Korrabes, =
where is all the Gibeon gone?? Until 3-4 years before tons of Gibeon =
each year, now nearly nothing left), mainly because he left the old =
prices on his boxes, but first it was DEM, then the next year EURO, =
which means a doubled price. Furthermore there are many mineral dealers, =
who have beside their mineral specimens a few meteorites, in general the =
most common irons as Campo, Canyon, Nantan, Sikhote =96 from those =
dealers only the bulk dealers are remarkable, who sell large Nantans and =
Campos in pieces of several kg at fine prices.

Some special =93enthusiasts=94 are also to be found. Just drill a hole =
in a Sikhote and sell it as jewelery for 5Euro/g=85 Some were selling =
Nantan splinters, which they threw in acid before at incredible =
3-6/Euro, another one was to lazy to sandblast his Campos and sold ugly =
rusting chunks with good success at 0,50/g.

Now, before I=92ll write about the Morroccains, I have to list Mr.Hmani, =
because he was the single dealer from Morrocco on the show, who was =
spezialized only in meteorites. He had some classified achondrites and =
the nicest show pieces at his table were large etched slices of the =
newest iron finds from Sahara.

There are always dozens of morroccain dealers and on every second table =
there is between the other uniform stuff of shark teeth, neolithic tools =
and trilobite pizzas a box with unclassified meteorites. Some =
prejudices, which seems to be true: First all morroccain dealers love to =
haggle and will feel it as personal insult, if you pay more than half of =
the price, they started with. Second they are all cousins or =
brother-in-laws with each other, a circumstance, which is very =
comfortable for the client. You only have to ask the first dealer you =
find, whether he hasn=92t something more interesting than the weathered =
chunks and if he don=92t find something adequate under his table, he =
will drag you through all the halls to his cousin, who has the finest =
achondrites under his table. Why they don=92t put the interesting =
meteorites on top of the table? =96 I don=92t know. But once asked =
they=92ll show you gladly their treasures. I remember the best Bensour I =
saw in my life: Somewhat larger, regmaglypted, 95% absolutely fresh =
crust (not glossy), fine flow lines =96 the dealers in web use this =
expression in an inflationary way, but this was a real =93museum =
quality=94 specimen. I think it was Mr.Ismaily from Erfoud, who made me =
the pleasure to take a glimpse on this beauty. (Dean, if it was this =
Bensour, which you once sold on ebay =96 shame on you, why you were to =
lazy to wrap and pack it well for the transport? You destroyed it!).=20

Another prejudice, I read in the meteorite magazine, is that the experts =
of the meteoritic scene call those cheap unclassified stones =
despicable=93desert crap=94. Hmm one of my clients found last year a =
nice stone at an morrocain dealer. After classsification he got the =
result: Highly unequilibrated L3, W1. From another collector I know, =
that last winter he picked out from those crap a stone, which, I don=92t =
know what this means, they call now =93ureilite=94.

Indeed such finds are a real exception, but at those prices it=92s for =
sure not wrong to buy a nice paper-weight from space.

------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C37D66.9ED68160

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=3DEN-GB=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB"><FONT =
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">From those, who are present on the web, but not =
on the=20
dealers list, I want to mention the Egers with nice stuff and of course =
Siggi=20
Haberer and friends with their excellent documented and classified =
desert finds=20
=96 CK4 monster, howardite, eucrite, I really don=92t know, why their =
table attracts=20
not more attention, he=92s known as one of the most friendly persons in =
this=20
business and when you=92re not taller than 4 feets, he will give you a =
sample for=20
free.<?xml:namespace prefix =3D o ns =3D =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"=20
/><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=3DEN-GB=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB"><FONT =
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">Another well-reputated and =96known dealer from =
Germany is=20
Mr.K=FCmmel (good opportunity to get german meteorites). Pani <SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>from Vienna I remember with a =
most=20
colourfull breccia and nice veined fresh H6-NWA. Tomelleri from Italy =
with a=20
very small but exquisite assortement.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: =
yes">&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>If I don=92t mix it up, Mr.Spich comes in my mind =
(Gibeon&amp;Korra=20
Korrabes, where is all the Gibeon gone?? Until 3-4 years before tons of =
Gibeon=20
each year, now nearly nothing left), mainly because he left the old =
prices on=20
his boxes, but first it was DEM, then the next year EURO, which means a =
doubled=20
price. Furthermore there are many mineral dealers, who have beside their =
mineral=20
specimens a few meteorites, in general the most common irons as Campo, =
Canyon,=20
Nantan, Sikhote =96 from those dealers only the bulk dealers are =
remarkable, who=20
sell large Nantans and Campos in pieces of several kg at fine=20
prices.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=3DEN-GB=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB"><FONT =
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">Some special =93enthusiasts=94 are also to be =
found. Just=20
drill a hole in a Sikhote and sell it as jewelery for 5Euro/g=85 Some =
were selling=20
Nantan splinters, which they threw in acid before at incredible =
3-6/Euro,=20
another one was to lazy to sandblast his Campos and sold ugly rusting =
chunks=20
with good success at 0,50/g.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=3DEN-GB=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB"><FONT =
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">Now, before I=92ll write about the Morroccains, =
I have to=20
list Mr.Hmani, because he was the single dealer from Morrocco on the =
show, who=20
was spezialized only in meteorites. He had some classified achondrites =
and the=20
nicest show pieces at his table were large etched slices of the newest =
iron=20
finds from Sahara.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=3DEN-GB=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB"><FONT =
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">There are always dozens of morroccain dealers =
and on=20
every second table there is between the other uniform stuff of shark =
teeth,=20
neolithic tools and trilobite pizzas a box with unclassified meteorites. =
Some=20
prejudices, which seems to be true: First all morroccain dealers love to =
haggle=20
and will feel it as personal insult, if you pay more than half of the =
price,=20
they started with. Second they are all cousins or brother-in-laws with =
each=20
other, a circumstance, which is very comfortable for the client. You =
only have=20
to ask the first dealer you find, whether he hasn=92t something more =
interesting=20
than the weathered chunks and if he don=92t find something adequate =
under his=20
table, he will drag you through all the halls to his cousin, who has the =
finest=20
achondrites under his table. Why they don=92t put the interesting =
meteorites on=20
top of the table? =96 I don=92t know. But once asked they=92ll show you =
gladly their=20
treasures. I remember the best Bensour I saw in my life: Somewhat =
larger,=20
regmaglypted, 95% absolutely fresh crust (not glossy), fine flow lines =
=96 the=20
dealers in web use this expression in an inflationary way, but this was =
a real=20
=93museum quality=94 specimen. I think it was Mr.Ismaily from Erfoud, =
who made me=20
the pleasure to take a glimpse on this beauty. (Dean, if it was this =
Bensour,=20
which you once sold on ebay =96 shame on you, why you were to lazy to =
wrap and=20
pack it well for the transport? You destroyed it!).=20
<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=3DEN-GB=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB"><FONT =
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">Another prejudice, I read in the meteorite =
magazine, is=20
that the experts of the meteoritic scene call those cheap unclassified =
stones=20
despicable=93desert crap=94. Hmm one of my clients found last year a =
nice stone at=20
an morrocain dealer. After classsification he got the result: Highly=20
unequilibrated L3, W1. From another collector I know, that last winter =
he picked=20
out from those crap a stone, which, I don=92t know what this means, they =
call now=20
=93ureilite=94.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=3DEN-GB=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB"><FONT =
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">Indeed such finds are a real exception, but at =
those=20
prices it=92s for sure not wrong to buy a nice paper-weight from=20
space.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C37D66.9ED68160--