[meteorite-list] Serious question?

From: S. Singletary <jumper_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:57 2004

--=====================_224542084==_.ALT

Nope. I call that, as will any chemist you ask, an oxidation-reduction
reaction. Oxidation is the loss of electrons, nothing more nothing less.

Steven

At 08:32 PM 9/17/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Ok, so for the symantics of that definition, would you call that a
>reduction reaction not involving oxygen , and not oxidation .. ?

Steven Singletary
54-1224
Dept. Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
M.I.T.
Cambridge, MA, 02139
Tel-617.253.6398
Fax-617.253.7102

Blue Skies!
--=====================_224542084==_.ALT

Nope.&nbsp; I call that, as will any chemist you ask, an
oxidation-reduction reaction.&nbsp; Oxidation is the loss of electrons,
nothing more nothing less.&nbsp; <br><br>
Steven<br><br>
At 08:32 PM 9/17/2003 -0400, you wrote:<br>
so for the symantics of that definition, would you call that a reduction
reaction not involving oxygen , and not oxidation .. ?</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Steven Singletary<br>
54-1224<br>
Dept. Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences<br>
M.I.T.<br>
Cambridge, MA, 02139<br>
Tel-617.253.6398<br>
Fax-617.253.7102<br><br>