[meteorite-list] New Hall for Meteorites Old Beyond Imagining

From: Charles R. Viau <cviau_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:58 2004

This is what this incredible list has provided as a solution...

What a great presentation this could be... From the early solar system,
an impact on Mars that provided this piece you can hold in your hand
(Thanks to Matt Morgan, for his insight, and source) - then - go back
in time to the actual creation of our solar system by studying a similar
evolution as seen by Hubble (Thanks to Dave Freeman and his story about
the Eagle Nebulae and the CIA's of Allende being representative of
material older that our solar system) and have the kids touch stuff that
is older than the Sun... To a tour of a state-of-the-science museum, (as
suggested by Ron Baalke, on a story by John Wilford) announcing the
renovation of the AMNH and the new Arthur Ross Hall of Meteorites..)
Where the focus is on what these meteorite types represent and how they
were formed and the relationship they have to the creation our solar
system, other solar systems in our galaxy, other galaxies, and the rest
of the universe as well. --- Now I need a piece of Mars bigger than my
.1g of LA001 (Matt Morgan will source this from NWA 1110, the
olivine-phyric Shergottite) and then a piece of Allende larger than my
existing ~3g piece (Mike Farmer? 8g $$??? Quote me..) I am so pleased
with the feedback I have been given, Thanks to all....

CharlyV 4351