[meteorite-list] Incredible new Lunar

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:58 2004

http://epsc.wustl.edu/admin/resources/meteorites/lap02205.html

> Has everyone seen this new Antarctic Lunar? Unbelievable, look at
> the fusion crust and flow lines, what a specimen! I wish it were mine!

.. and there is more than one kg (1226.3 grams)
of this a lunar olivine-bearing mare basalt.

I do love lunar meteorites !!! How often have I been up there with
my C8 Celestron, how often have I walked over these lunar maria,
peeked into these craters, wandered along the Alpine Valley into
Mare Frigoris and how often have I tried to tell all those lunar high-
land craters apart.

And now some of these are down here in my collection:

DaG 400 - an absolute showpiece I got from Jim Strope
The Hup=E9s new non-NWA lunar
Norbert Classen's new Dhofar with a rare dunitic inclusion
Siggi Haberer's new lunar which looks almost like Calcalong Creek
NWA 032 - a tiny mare beauty from the Hup=E9s
NWA 482 - a beautiful tiny specimen + thin section from Jim Strope

Best regards,

Bernd

To: meteoritehunter_at_comcast.net
    meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com