[meteorite-list] off topic: Isabel

From: John Sinclair <jsinclairjr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:59 2004

Hi Geoff and List,

Thanks for your concern.
Everything is fine here.

I live at the southern point of the Outer Banks in NC on Bogue Banks, a 21
mile barrier island. We were evacuated on Wednesday Sept. 17th. Dianne and I
stayed a few miles inland.

The storm made landfall about 70-80 miles north of us on Thursday. Since we
were on the southernmost point of impact, damage was minimal. As a
precaution, I took all the electronics and inventory from my office as it is
just a block off the Atlantic. It's taken a few days to get back up and
running. We are very fortunate and thankful.

Best to all,
John
www.meteoriteUSA.com
www.meteorites.org