[meteorite-list] Tsavorites

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:00 2004

Tsavorites are also closely akin to another kind of grossular garnet, the
famous demantoid. A good demantoid will have more fire than a diamond, and
be a bright green. I agree with the assessment of someone getting their
signals crossed; if these stones are tsavorite, they have nothing to do with
tektites. If they are tektites, then calling them tsavorite is a big
misnomer. Never the twain shall meet!

Tracy Latimer