[meteorite-list] Pallasite avalible?

From: martinh_at_isu.edu <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:01 2004

Hi Tom,

I have a very nice small slice of Krasnojarsk for sale. It is pictured on my www.planetwhy.com site under October Sky sale.

As you probably know, Krasnojarsk is the pallasite that the German-born scientist Peter Simon Pallas studied in 1772. Although it is uncertain if Pallas believed that meteorites came from space, it is known that the Pallas iron, as it was known, essentially became the namesake for its class of stony-irons; but in this case, the class was named after Pallas. Good thing because krasnojarskite is tough to spell.

Anyway, have a looksee and let me (or anyone for that matter) know if you are interested.

Cheers,

Martin