[meteorite-list] Meteorite-list sign out

From: Jim Strope <jim_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:09 2004

I think you have hit upon the prime reason for the deterioration of this
list with your first point. It is also the major reason I never recommend
this list to new collectors. As it has been said before by others, all of
our hobbies, what ever they may be are supposed to be a source of enjoyment
and escape from the trials of everyday life. This list should be a source
of education and enjoyment not a stressful experience.

Your second point is the perfect solution, a moderated list in which emails
are not released until they are approved as not containing infractions of
the rules. Now some would call this censorship but I would point to the
fact that there is currently a list of guidelines that everyone is supposed
to adhere to. http://www.meteoritecentral.com/mailing_list.shtml The
problem is that they are currently ignored and not enforced. A good
compromise to hands-on moderation of the list would be the strict
inforcement of the current rules.

Just my two cents.................

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street