[meteorite-list] A note from E.T.

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:09 2004

Hi Edwin and all,

Good to see you on the list here. I am sure we can learn a few things (if not a lot) from your past experiences. Like a number of people on the list, I have had the honor of dealing with you in the past and even with in the last few months.

While on the subject, another list member (if he is still on the list) Philip M. Bagnall is an old timer and certainly has much to offer. In the past he had a group called the, Society of Meteoriteophiles which was based in the United Kingdom. Before Meteorite Magazine, there was another magazine called Impact. I joined this society late in 1991 and was able to subscribe to the magazine, which at that time carry much needed information about meteorites and meteorite collecting. Philip Bagnall (for those not familiar) wrote the book " The Meteorite and Tektite Collector's Handbook" a practical guide to collecting at that time (before the internet was hot).

There are many other great people of the past who have done so much for collecting and as mentioned Blaine Reed is one of them who many of us are indebted to. Not to still the wind out of Edwin's sail here as I for one am very glad to see him aboard.

It might be fun to revisit the past and tell a little about what was going on and who and so forth. Guess it is why I like to write about Nininger here on the list. Well nuff said and look forward to your posts Edwin!!

--AL Mitterling