[meteorite-list] Meteorites and Children's Smiles

From: Jason Phillips <jnbran_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:10 2004

------=_NextPart_000_01C4_01C4183D.9883C260

Hello List,
I decided that this is the most appropriate time to tell a wonderful =
story from my African expedition in December with Grep Hupe and Dr. Tony =
Irving. =20

One afternoon we were visiting with a very nice family looking at some =
of the meteorites that they had for sale. One of the meteorite =
specimens they had displayed some great eye appeal, ok it was really =
more WOW appeal. Well the three of us were outside using the sun as a =
more natural light source to try and see if we could determine what this =
specimen was. We stood out among the local people and all the children =
wanted to come around and see what we were doing. Some of the young =
boys recognized that were looking at ROCKS, and I am sure they thought =
we were rather crazy. Well this group of boys decided to pick up rocks =
off of the ground and they were using the top off of a broken glass soda =
bottle to examine their rocks a little more closely just as we were =
using a magnifying loop to examine our ROCKS. =20

I guess what this story says is that sometimes when you stand out from =
the crowd it is important to be careful what you are doing because =
others may try and be like you. Or it may just be a great example of a =
future planetary geologist learning that not all rocks are from earth.

Take Care,
Jason Phillips
Rocks From Heaven

------=_NextPart_000_01C4_01C4183D.9883C260

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello List,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I decided that this is the most =
appropriate time to=20
tell a wonderful story from my African expedition in December with Grep =
Hupe and=20
Dr. Tony Irving.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One afternoon we were visiting with a =
very=20
nice&nbsp;family&nbsp;looking at&nbsp;some of the meteorites that they =
had for=20
sale.&nbsp;&nbsp;One of the meteorite specimens they had displayed some =
great=20
eye appeal, ok it was really more WOW appeal.&nbsp;&nbsp;Well the three =
of us=20
were outside using the sun as a more natural light source to try and see =
if we=20
could determine what this specimen was.&nbsp; We stood out among the =
local=20
people and&nbsp;all the children&nbsp;wanted to come around and see what =
we were=20
doing.&nbsp; Some of the young boys recognized that were looking at =
ROCKS, and I=20
am sure they thought we were rather crazy.&nbsp; Well this group of boys =
decided=20
to pick up rocks off of the ground and they were using the top off of a =
broken=20
glass soda bottle to examine their rocks a little more closely just as =
we were=20
using a magnifying loop to examine our ROCKS.&nbsp; &nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I guess what this story says&nbsp;is =
that sometimes=20
when you stand out from the crowd it is important to be careful what you =
are=20
doing because others may try and be like you.&nbsp; Or it may just be a =
great=20
example of a future planetary geologist learning that not all rocks are =
from=20
earth.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Take Care,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jason Phillips</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rocks From Heaven</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_01C4_01C4183D.9883C260--