[meteorite-list] I am so sad....

From: Dave Mouat <dmouat_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:10 2004

Dear Listees
I completely agree with "RAYDOBOS". It is so easy to delete dozens of
email messages in just one or two seconds. It doesn't bother me to read
the "offensive" messages if I choose to. They are what they are. I
have as many messages from people wanting me to "receive $30 million
from someone's deceased uncle in Nigeria"; I delete them. My institute
has been unable to block some of those; but I don't throw away my
computer or quit my job!!
I'm surprised that people allow themselves to be so disturbed by
something they don't like that they take the actions they do. Frankly,
after E.T.'s positive and eloquent (and timely) post, I thought the
opposite would happen.
So, perhaps we should all take a collective "chill out"; be responsible
for how we feel (they don't do it to us, each of us does it to himself
or herself) and act positively.
Take Care
Dave