[meteorite-list] Franconia Area Meteorites

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:12 2004

Have other samples of meteorites collected from Franconia Wash been turned
in for classification? Does this mean that Franconia will become
Franconia(a), to be followed by Franconia(b), Franconia(c), etc.? That's
one thing that has puzzled me; with the several different types that have
come out of Gold Basin, why are they all still lumped together as just "Gold
Basin"? Several people have said there seem to be at least 2, maybe 3
strewnfields there, or at least it seems to be a big collecting point.
There should be enough data there to designate at least a couple of
different falls/finds.

Tracy Latimer