[meteorite-list] Perry to Nininger Letter, January 21, 1951

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:13 2004

------=_NextPart_001_004A_01C41D9A.A985BDE0

(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)
January 21, 1951
Dear Nininger:
This is a tardy answer to your letter of January 9 regarding Dr. Neen. I =
talked with Prof. Carpenter and he was doubtful about the University spon=
soring his lecture, but said his committee will meet in a few days and th=
en he will write you.
My former assistant A. W. Herbenarshae made some more photos of the iron =
globules and writes me briefly that they show a very interesting martensi=
tic structure, which would be consistent with the quick cooling of molten=
 globules.
I am going to have him make some additional, and better, photos of the Pe=
ruvian iron, which contains some very unusual structural features. Herber=
ar is now with a steel concern in Detroit, but he can give a little time =
occasionally. He is a top expert in photomicrography, and he knows more a=
bout the microstructure of meteoric iron than any man I can think of.
With best regards,
Sincerely,
(Stuart Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original se=
nt to Nininger would have been signed by Perry)

Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor=
 and meteorite articles.

------=_NextPart_001_004A_01C41D9A.A985BDE0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><FONT size=3D2=
> <P>(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)</P> <P>J=
anuary 21, 1951</P> <P>Dear Nininger:</P> <P>This is a tardy answer to yo=
ur letter of January 9 regarding Dr. Neen. I talked with Prof. Carpenter =
and he was doubtful about the University sponsoring his lecture, but said=
 his committee will meet in a few days and then he will write you.</P> <P=
>My former assistant A. W. Herbenarshae made some more photos of the iron=
 globules and writes me briefly that they show a very interesting martens=
itic structure, which would be consistent with the quick cooling of molte=
n globules.</P> <P>I am going to have him make some additional, and bette=
r, photos of the Peruvian iron, which contains some very unusual structur=
al features. Herberar is now with a steel concern in Detroit, but he can =
give a little time occasionally. He is a top expert in photomicrography, =
and he knows more about the microstructure of meteoric iron than any man =
I can think of.</P> <P>With best regards,</P> <P>Sincerely,</P> <P>(Stuar=
t Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original sent to =
Nininger would have been signed by Perry)</P></FONT><BR><BR>Please visit,=
 www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor and meteorit=
e articles.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_004A_01C41D9A.A985BDE0--