[meteorite-list] Perry to Harvill, January 17, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:13 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C41FBD.A3D8F040

Letter is from Stuart Perry to Richard Harvill, president of the Universi=
ty of Arizona reguarding a $2000.00 grant Perry made for Nininger through=
 the University. This was the first paper made on this topic and was show=
n to Harvill by Perry and Nininger at the University of Arizona, in Tucso=
n, Arizona the same date the letter is typed. Letter appears to have type=
d in a hurry and is full of crossed out lines and corrections. I have don=
e my best to reproduce the look of the letter, keeping in mind that it wi=
ll look different on everyone's computer and attempting to reproduce it a=
s best possible for all readers.
(Stuart Perry's file copy...original?)

ARIZONA INN
TUCSON, ARIZONA
January 17, 1952
I propose to give the University X X X X X X X X X X X X X two thousand =
dollars, to promote meteoritic research and collection by Dr. Nininger of=
 Winslow, Arizona. The only condition attached to the gift is that it is =
to be used exclusively for that purpose, to be disbursed at such times an=
d in such amounts as may be determined by agreement between the X X X X X=
 X X X X X X University and Dr. Nininger. X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X=
 X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X =
X X X X X X X X X X X assume no obligation or liability except as stated,=
 and I reserve no right to any reimbursement, profit or X X XX X reward o=
f any kind; the purpose of this gift being strictly and wholly to promote=
 scientific research in that line, by an investigator whom I have long kn=
own and whom I consider to be of outstanding competence and reliability.

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C41FBD.A3D8F040

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><FONT size=3D2=
> <P>Letter is from Stuart Perry to Richard Harvill, president of the Uni=
versity of Arizona reguarding a $2000.00 grant Perry made for Nininger th=
rough the University. This was the first paper made on this topic and was=
 shown to Harvill by Perry and Nininger at the University of Arizona, in =
Tucson, Arizona the same date the letter is typed. Letter appears to&nbsp=
;have typed in a hurry and is full of crossed out lines and corrections. =
I have done my best to reproduce the look of the letter, keeping in mind =
that it will look different on everyone's computer and attempting to repr=
oduce it as best possible for all readers.</P> <P>(Stuart Perry's file co=
py...original?)</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> <P>ARIZONA INN</P> <P>TUCSON, ARIZONA</=
P> <P>January 17, 1952</P> <P>.I propose to give the University X X X X X=
 X X X X X X X X two thousand dollars, to promote meteoritic research and=
 collection by Dr. Nininger of Winslow, Arizona. The only condition attac=
hed to the gift is that it is to be used exclusively for that purpose, to=
 be disbursed at such times and in such amounts as may be determined by a=
greement between the X X X X X X X X X X X University and Dr. Nininger. X=
 X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X =
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X assume no obligation =
or liability except as stated, and I reserve no right to any reimbursemen=
t, profit or X X XX X reward of any kind; the purpose of this gift being =
strictly and wholly to promote scientific research in that line, by an in=
vestigator whom I have long known and whom I consider to be of outstandin=
g competence and reliability.</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C41FBD.A3D8F040--