[meteorite-list] "Meteorite" Birthday Milestone

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:13 2004

[Dear Listees: This did not show up earlier. Please excuse if it's a
re-post for some]

Dear Listees and Fellow Meteorite Enthusiasts:

You'd never know it from his youthful appearance, but April 13th,
2004 marks the 60th birthday of our good friend Joel Schiff -- Editor
and Publisher of "Meteorite" magazine. For those of us in the
Northern Hemisphere his birthday is actually today -- New Zealand
being one day ahead of the Americas, Europe, etc.

Joel has done more for the world of meteorite collecting than almost
anyone, and -- as "Meteorite" has now entered its tenth year of
publication -- double congratulations are in order.

I have been writing for "Meteorite" since 1997 and it has been a
great privilege to contribute to the magazine, and to watch it grow
from a modest black and white publication to a world-class science
magazine. I've come to consider Joel a close friend, and I know many
of you feel the same way. Joel is not currently a subscriber to the
M-List, but I hope some of his many friends in the community will
join me in sending birthday congratulations to Joel at this address:
jschiff_at_ihug.co.nz

Here is a recent interview with Joel from "Meteorite Times" with photos:

http://www.meteoritetimes.com/Back_Links/2002/July/Meteorite_People.htm

New List members not familiar with "Meteorite" magazine should
definitely check out their website:

http://www.meteor.co.nz

Regards to all, and many happy returns to Joel!

So . . . Joel . . . how 'bout Tucson 2005? : )

Geoff N.
www.paleozoic.org
www.notkin.net