[meteorite-list] Perry to Nininger Letter, Feb. 9, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:14 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0020_01C42196.23B03CE0

(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)
February 9, 1952
Dear Nininger:
Glad to get your letter of February 3 and hope you had a good trip. You m=
ust be there before now.
I talked with Pres. Harvill today and he still seems to be tied up by reg=
ulations -- including a maximum of $12 a day for traveling. I am satisfie=
d that we ought to drop the University of Arizona and make this offer to =
Michigan, which I feel sure would not be hampered in any such ways. I thi=
nk it is essential that you should have full control of what you spend, a=
nd when and how you spend it. Before writing the U. of Mich., however, I =
think it would be decent to wait until I hear from you, because Dr. Harwi=
ll said he was writing you, or had done so.
I am afraid I shan't be able to do anything with the little spheroids for=
 quite a while, because I have lost the services of my assistant at Ann A=
rbor. He is working on his doctoral thesis and just can't do any more for=
 me. He is trying t get a good man to take his place, with the help of th=
e faculty, and I feel quite sure he will do so. But even so the new man c=
an't do a great deal until U have had a chance to confer with him.
Best regards to you and Mrs. Nininger,
(Stuant Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original se=
nt to Nininger would have been signed by Perry)

------=_NextPart_001_0020_01C42196.23B03CE0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><BR><FONT size=
=3D2> <P>(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)</P> =
<P>February 9, 1952</P> <P>Dear Nininger:</P> <P>Glad to get your letter =
of February 3 and hope you had a good trip. You must be there before now.=
</P> <P>I talked with Pres. Harvill today and he still seems to be tied u=
p by regulations -- including a maximum of $12 a day for traveling. I am =
satisfied that we ought to drop the University of Arizona and make this o=
ffer to Michigan, which I feel sure would not be hampered in any such way=
s. I think it is essential that you should have full control of what you =
spend, and when and how you spend it. Before writing the U. of Mich., how=
ever, I think it would be decent to wait until I hear from you, because D=
r. Harwill said he was writing you, or had done so.</P> <P>I am afraid I =
shan't be able to do anything with the little spheroids for quite a while=
, because I have lost the services of my assistant at Ann Arbor. He is wo=
rking on his doctoral thesis and just can't do any more for me. He is try=
ing t get a good man to take his place, with the help of the faculty, and=
 I feel quite sure he will do so. But even so the new man can't do a grea=
t deal until U have had a chance to confer with him.</P> <P>Best regards =
to you and Mrs. Nininger,</P> <P>(Stuant Perry - name is missing as this =
is the file copy. The original sent to Nininger would have been signed by=
 Perry)</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0020_01C42196.23B03CE0--