[meteorite-list] Perry to Nininger Letter, Feb. 23, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:14 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0039_01C42254.41824470

(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)
February 23, 1952
Dear Nininger:
I think the inclosed letter to Dr. Harvill probably will end our proposed=
 arrangement with the University of Arizona. As soon as I hear from him I=
 expect to take he matter up with the University of Michigan. That instit=
ution spends five or six million a year in all manner of research work, l=
argely financed by donations, so I think that there would be bickering ov=
er what you do or how you do it.
I am sorry that I could not have written sooner to your Mexico address, b=
ut I kept waiting to hear from Harvill, who said he had written you. So I=
 am addressing you at Winslow.
Sincerely,
Stuart H. Perry
Mark note: Also with the Perry-Nininger letters is a Western Union Telegr=
am receipt for $300.00, which is dated February 27, 1952. This was sent b=
y Perry to Nininger in Mexico at the time. I notice that later Nininger p=
aid back to Perry the sum of $300.00 and it appears this was a loan given=
 by Perry to Nininger as reguested in a previous letter. In fact, this is=
 a loan to Nininger to be paid out of the Perry Fund when the funds becam=
e available to Nininger. Which tells of Perry's personal desire in meteor=
itics and in the work Nininger was doing at the time.
Mark Note 2: Perry spells "enclosed" as "inclosed". A word that he both =
commonly uses, and always misspells.

------=_NextPart_001_0039_01C42254.41824470

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><FONT size=3D2=
> <P>(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)</P> <P>F=
ebruary 23, 1952</P> <P>Dear Nininger:</P> <P>I think the inclosed letter=
 to Dr. Harvill probably will end our proposed arrangement with the Unive=
rsity of Arizona. As soon as I hear from him I expect to take he matter u=
p with the University of Michigan. That institution spends five or six mi=
llion a year in all manner of research work, largely financed by donation=
s, so I think that there would be bickering over what you do or how you d=
o it.</P> <P>I am sorry that I could not have written sooner to your Mexi=
co address, but I kept waiting to hear from Harvill, who said he had writ=
ten you. So I am addressing you at Winslow.</P> <P>Sincerely,</P> <P>Stua=
rt H. Perry</P> <P>Mark note: Also with the Perry-Nininger letters is a W=
estern Union Telegram receipt for $300.00, which is dated February 27, 19=
52. This was sent by Perry to Nininger in Mexico at the time. I notice th=
at later Nininger paid back to Perry the sum of $300.00 and it appears th=
is was a loan given by Perry to Nininger as reguested in a previous lette=
r. In fact, this is a loan to Nininger to be paid out of the Perry Fund w=
hen the funds became available to Nininger. Which tells of Perry's person=
al desire in meteoritics and in the work Nininger was doing at the time.<=
/P> <P>Mark Note 2: Perry spells "enclosed" as "inclosed".&nbsp; A word t=
hat he both commonly uses, and always misspells.</P> <P>&nbsp;</P></FONT>=
</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0039_01C42254.41824470--