[meteorite-list] Harvill to Perry Letter, Feb. 28, 1952 re: Nininger - Perry Grant

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:14 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0060_01C422E3.F8A4B180

(University of Arkansas letterhead)
University of Arkansas
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
TUCSON

February 28, 1952
Dr. Stuart H. Perry
Arizona Inn
Tucson, Arizona

Dear Dr. Perry:
I appreciate your letter of February 23, and I regret very much that at t=
his time nothing more definite has been worked out to facilitate the stud=
ies by Dr. Nininger in which you are interested and which you so generous=
ly proposed to underwrite.
I have a letter from Dr. Nininger, and he is planning to be in Tucson ear=
ly next week. We shall further discuss this matter at that time. It may b=
e that something can be worked out. I hope so.
In the meantime, I assure you of my genuine interest in the proposal and =
my appreciation of your willingness to assist in a program of research wh=
ich would be advantageous both to the University and to Dr. Nininger.
With cordial personal regards,
Sincerely yours,
(signed)
Richard A. Harvill
President
RAH:mr

------=_NextPart_001_0060_01C422E3.F8A4B180

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><FONT size=3D2=
> <P>(University of Arkansas letterhead)</P> <P>University of Arkansas</P=
> <P>OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT</P> <P>TUCSON</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> <P>February =
28, 1952</P> <P>Dr. Stuart H. Perry</P> <P>Arizona Inn</P> <P>Tucson, Ari=
zona</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> <P>Dear Dr. Perry:</P> <P>I appreciate your letter=
 of February 23, and I regret very much that at this time nothing more de=
finite has been worked out to facilitate the studies by Dr. Nininger in w=
hich you are interested and which you so generously proposed to underwrit=
e.</P> <P>I have a letter from Dr. Nininger, and he is planning to be in =
Tucson early next week. We shall further discuss this matter at that time=
 It may be that something can be worked out. I hope so.</P> <P>In the me=
antime, I assure you of my genuine interest in the proposal and my apprec=
iation of your willingness to assist in a program of research which would=
 be advantageous both to the University and to Dr. Nininger.</P> <P>With =
cordial personal regards,</P> <P>Sincerely yours,</P> <P>(signed)</P> <P>=
Richard A. Harvill</P> <P>President</P> <P>RAH:mr</P></FONT></DIV></BODY>=
</HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0060_01C422E3.F8A4B180--