[meteorite-list] Posts that don't get through

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:14 2004

Hello, Bernd and List,

    A few months ago I also began to encounter the problem of posts to the List that did
not appear on the List. I would re-send or re-post them, sometimes several times with
alterations to get them to appear.
    I was using Netscape and selecting "Reply All," which generated a response that was
marked "To:" the individual sender and carbon copied "Cc:" to the List. The carbon
copied items were the ones that did not appear on the List.
    But when I changed the addressing so that the List was a direct addressee using
"To:" the message would appear on the List. It's possible the List distribution software
does not post "Cc'ed" messages under some circumstances.
    At any rate, I have had no more difficulties since I changed the addressing mode. It
might be worth checking the addressing mode of the messages in question.

Sterling K. Webb