[meteorite-list] Harvill to Perry Letter; April 18, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:15 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0029_01C427A7.21F89F20

(University of Arizona letterhead)
University of Arizona
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
TUCSON

April 18, 1952
Dr. Stuart H. Perry
Adrian, Michigan

Dear Dr. Perry:
At the meeting of the board of Regents on April 11 I reported regarding t=
he work of Dr. Nininger had been doing in Mexico on meteorites and explai=
ned your generosity in offering to provide the University with $2,000.00 =
to defray the cost of the work being done by Dr. Nininger. The members of=
 the Board were pleased to learn of your interest and your willingness to=
 make possible through financial support the exploration and research wor=
k, and they wanted me to extend to you their very special and genuine tha=
nks for the interest that is represented by this support.
I explained to the Board the basis of which the agreement had been worked=
 out, whereby Dr. Nininger would be paid in fees for services rendered an=
d would pay the cost of the exploration and research from these sums. Thi=
s was entirely satisfactory to the Board. I am, therefore, pleased to adv=
ise you that everyone is in complete accord in approving of your proposal=

With my repeated thanks to you and my warm personal regards,
Sincerely yours,
(signed)
Richard A. Harvill
President
RAH:mr

Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor=
 and meteorite articles.

------=_NextPart_001_0029_01C427A7.21F89F20

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><FONT size=3D2=
> <P>(University of Arizona letterhead)</P> <P>University of Arizona</P> =
<P>OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT</P> <P>TUCSON</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> <P>April 18, 1=
952</P> <P>Dr. Stuart H. Perry</P> <P>Adrian, Michigan</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> =
<P>Dear Dr. Perry:</P> <P>At the meeting of the board of Regents on April=
 11 I reported regarding the work of Dr. Nininger had been doing in Mexic=
o on meteorites and explained your generosity in offering to provide the =
University with $2,000.00 to defray the cost of the work being done by Dr=
 Nininger. The members of the Board were pleased to learn of your intere=
st and your willingness to make possible through financial support the ex=
ploration and research work, and they wanted me to extend to you their ve=
ry special and genuine thanks for the interest that is represented by thi=
s support.</P> <P>I explained to the Board the basis of which the agreeme=
nt had been worked out, whereby Dr. Nininger would be paid in fees for se=
rvices rendered and would pay the cost of the exploration and research fr=
om these sums. This was entirely satisfactory to the Board. I am, therefo=
re, pleased to advise you that everyone is in complete accord in approvin=
g of your proposal.</P> <P>With my repeated thanks to you and my warm per=
sonal regards,</P> <P>Sincerely yours,</P> <P>(signed)</P> <P>Richard A. =
Harvill</P> <P>President</P> <P>RAH:mr</P></FONT><BR><BR>Please visit, ww=
w.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor and meteorite a=
rticles.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0029_01C427A7.21F89F20--