[meteorite-list] Strange structure in L chondrite

From: www.Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Apr 24 19:56:54 2004

> Hello,
>
> I've got the fragment of a L6 chondrite which presents a strange structure, at the
meeting point of 3 veins.
> I think it's a glassy structure resulting from the heat reaching the inner of the
meteorite by the shock veins but I'm not sure.

> The size of this structure is a bit more than 1cm.
>
> Can anyone tell me what it is ?

For me it looks like big, single impact melt inclusion.Try to make photo with FLASH
becouse photos are too dark and not shake your camera while you taking a photo :))

~~~~[ MARCIN CIMALA ]~~~~[ GG 4742912 ]~~~~
http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195
~~~~~~[ Member of Polish Meteoritical Society ]~~~~~~