[meteorite-list] Perry to Nininger Letter; July 15, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 26 19:55:20 2004

(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)
July 15, 1952
Dear Harvey,
Thanks for your letter of July 4 and for the check, and please excuse my delay in acknowledging it. I have been pretty busy, first getting settled and organized, and then with the pictures that I am working on for the eighth volume of Album.
It is a troublesome job, handling it at this distance from my assistant in Adrian and my man in Ann Arbor. I brought a lot of pix down here, which I had been unable to work on at home. I have to study them, write descriptions and send to Adrian to be copied, and mount the pix on dummy sheets and send them to be mounted permanently. Seems as if every batch of pix and descriptions is held up by something -- two extra prints No. 11, a macro of Roserio, an analysis that I have to get from Washington, another photograph of Smithfield, ect. ect. But it will all get done in the course of time.
I am sorry I can't give you a favorable answer to the undated letter that you inclosed. It is just too big a proposition for me. It is a good plan, and I were a multi-millionaire it certainly would appeal to me, but with my resources it is just impossible.
We are enjoying life here in the finest summer climate I ever knew. It was 98 in Boston yesterday and hot all over Maine; here 74. The other day it was 52 in the morning, maximum 64. Thanks to the cold Greenland current off the coast, and our position at the tip of a long island, it is always cool.
Our best to you and Mrs. Nininger.
(Stuart Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original sent to Nininger would have been signed by Perry)

Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor and meteorite articles.