[meteorite-list] Sheath

From: Kevin Heider <kpheider_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 30 19:36:54 2004

I went to my local gun shop yesterday to purchase some Sheath and I noticed on the side of the can that it says it contains chemicals know to cause cancer. Is Sheath any more dangerous than motor oil?

I assume that I should wear gloves while applying it?
Will the Sheath bound to the iron and be safe to the touch 24 hours later?

I want to know just in case the kids (or I) handle the New Campo after applying the Sheath.

The gun shop also carries "Gun & Reel SILICONE Cloth". Will this be good for applying the Sheath or is the SILICONE bad for my 5.81kg New Campo?

Thank you for your time,
Kevin Heider
Sacramento, CA, USA