[meteorite-list] Nininger to Perry Letter, Aug. 1, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 30 20:01:32 2004

(American Meteorite Museum Letterhead)
AMERICAN METEORITE MUSUEM
OPPOSITE METEOR CRATER ON HIGHWAY 66
POST OFFICE BOX 1171
WINSLOW ARIZONA

August 1, 1952
Mr. Stuart H. Perry
Newagen Inn
Newagen, Maine

Dear Stuart:
We are disposing of some duplicates in order to accommodate a rearrangement of our exhibits and are enclosing a list of offerings, some of which you may want.
In this list are several rare things of special merit, for one reason or another. For example, Lubbock exhibits flowage structure so rare in stones. Whitman war a 221-gram stone of perfect orientation; therefore only a small slice was removed and the remainder will be kept intact. Garnett, you will remember, is the stone, a slice of which shows a fine grain of metallic copper. The main mass will stand for some slicing and may show more. Goodland is historically interesting, having been found at the bottom of a 31/2 foot corner post hole. Morito is from the main mass in Mexico City. It cut it myself and it is doubtful that any more will ever be cut. It also shows an alteration zone. Norfolk is extremely rare and is priced the same as originally by Foote. Petersburg is priced 25% below Foote's list even in inflationary dollars. Roy is a fragment but shows good pitting. Shallowater is unique in being composed of large enstatite crystals.
Some of the others are very old and poorly preserved such as Tyron and Chamberlin but are good examples of terrestrialization.
If you care to purchase any considerable number of the specimens listed it will be equally agreeable to us to have payment in installment. But we would appreciate an early reply.
Very cordially yours,
(signed)
H.H. Nininger
HHN: AN