[meteorite-list] Important Mojave Meteorite Found

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 5 18:44:28 2004

Hi Mike and List,

That is why it is important to have a qualified laboratory check these
things out! How may times in history has a IIAB coarsest octahedrite iron
meteorites been found within 2 miles of each other and not been paired? The
last I heard is that gravity causes water to flow down hill where it
concentrates making meteorites found in basins more susceptible to
weathering.

All the best,

Adam