[meteorite-list] Perseid report from HI

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 12 14:09:46 2004

Aloha!
My internal alarm clock woke me at 3:45, so I went outside for 20 minutes to
see if the Perseids were as active as predicted. During that 20 or so
minutes, I collected 3 mosquito bites and saw 8 Perseids. No bolides, just
some respectable shooting stars, one leaving a slight smoke train (without
twisting). The quadrant of the sky I could see from behind our garage, which
blocked out the street light, had a nice view of Andromeda down to Taurus
with half of Perseus, so I can say definitively they were all from the
Perseid radiant. Nowhere near as memorable as the Leonid swarm of a couple
years back, nice nonetheless, but I'm glad I didn't make elaborate
preparations to stay out all night.

Tracy Latimer