[meteorite-list] bright fireball and sonic booms heard over nw suburbs of chicago

From: Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! <steve_arnol60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 17 17:58:41 2004

Hello to the whole list.This morning in the CHICAGO tribune, I read that
some people saw a fireball go thru the night skies followed by sonic booms
that woke up alot of people and who called 911, because they did not know
what it was.These rumblings were heard thru out the northwest suburbs of
chicago.According to the article, it was at mid altitude, then it broke
up into 3 seperate fireballs, then disappeared.A few seconds later several
sonic booms were heard thru out the area.I am only 15 miles from the area
where it happened, I hope to hear more later.I was sound asleep so I did
not hear anything.If I had been awake, I would have heard it.If you need
to know more, or if you want to know what is going on, feel free to call
me.#1-847-804-8810.

                                steve arnold, chicago, usa!!

=====
Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120