[meteorite-list] Rite or wrong, is it a crater?

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 21 11:52:01 2004

As I have hinted and promised, here are pictures of the
best clue of the meteor that exploded over Sweden last
month.

The website is far from complete, actually only one page
is done yet, but I wanted some feedback on the crater.
My motivation is going like a rollercoaster.

We found a crater but so far we haven't been able to
find the meteorite itself. That is a pretty strong
argument against this being a meteorite crater, but we
haven't searched all of the area around or somebody
else could have found it already.

http://www.meteorite.neab.net/eliastorp/crater.htm

Any ideas, questions or thoughts are appreciated.

We have also talked with a witness, a 12:ish year old boy
that spend the night of the event in a tent directly below
the second explosion. He heard two explosions, it went
"bang - sssss - bang - sssss" and his first thought
was that a car had blown a tire or two because of the
hissing sound after and between the bangs.
Sorry, I didn't ask how long time it took but he wasn't
at sleep when he heard the sound.
Is this a good sign for finding meteorites in the area?

/G?ran