[meteorite-list] Are meteorites for boys only?

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 21 16:51:07 2004

Strange enough, my mails are coming through to the list only when I reply to
an email from the list....but this question here really is yearning for an
answer...

Hi List,

I made some private statistics with a remarkable result:

Among the 400-500 persons, who took meteorites from me until now, were only
12% women.

If I deduct from those 12%, those who took a meteorite to use it as a gift
or for esotericism and those, which were buying only a single iron or a
"beginner's" stone like Gao, typical for people, who wish only once to own a
piece of space and a few, where I'm not sure whether the first name is
female,

the outcome will be: That only 2% of all meteorite collectors are female!!

What are the reasons?
Or should I take a bath?

Martin A.