[meteorite-list] Could A Meteorite or Comet Cause All The Fires of

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Aug 23 14:44:07 2004

Dear All;
I have just gotten off the telephone with Mr. Killingbeck from the
Cadillac Evening News and he was a delight to speak with.
He will be contacting me in a couple of weeks for an interview for
another/follow up story on meteorites and the connection, or in this
case, the lack of it, with the historic fires.
I noted that the logging industry had probably more to do with the fires
than anything from the cosmos. The landscape is dotted with 3 foot
diameter tree stumps that are charred. They make great stools to sit
on while deer hunting in November.
The local library there has the New Bob Haag color meteorite book that I
presented them two years ago, and they also have a copy of the ROCKS
FROM SPACE book as well. I mentioned that the reporter would enjoy
researching both books in preparation for the follow up story.
Where's our other Michigan meteorite associates? George, Mark, Maria,
here's your chance....
Very best,
Dave Freeman