[meteorite-list] Meteor Crater and Nininger Museum Pics

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 25 15:04:01 2004

Dear list,

As it is severe lightning (and hurricane) season here in Lakeland, Florida;
where I recently moved to in search of additional interests, today's light
show prompted me to scan the pictures I took at Meteor Crater during my move
in June.

I spent 15 minutes in the rain and lightning, leaning against a metal
railing, to capture this cool shot of a lightning bolt appearing to strike
the rim of the crater. I took four shots hoping one would turn out nice. As
luck and patience had it, here you go:
http://www.lunarrock.com/meteorcrater/lightningmeteorcrater.jpg

Another view, not so cloudy:
http://www.lunarrock.com/meteorcrater/meteorcrater1.jpg

And another:
http://www.lunarrock.com/meteorcrater/meteorcrater2.jpg

Here is a picture of Nininger's museum ruins lit up nicely by the setting
sun:
http://www.lunarrock.com/meteorcrater/niningermuseum1.jpg

And last but not least, Nininger's museum and the old U-Haul truck I bought
to move my remaining belongings to Florida (mostly meteorites):
http://www.lunarrock.com/meteorcrater/niningermuseum2.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Please note my new email address below. Feel free to email for my new phone
number as well.

Best regards,

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection