[meteorite-list] Mars Exploration Rover Update - August 31, 2004

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 31 17:22:56 2004

Dear Ron, List;
I note a rather, to me, suspect practice ....Mars rover updates do not
say what they are finding scientifically, or not recently, or often...
For instance, billy bob and roy went fishing today on this here lake.
 Big Bass, Big Bass! The two zebco reels worked flawlessly, Yahoo,
brand new rhino rods, the barometer was just right, the minkota trolling
motor moved us around to the left near the bank, and we addressed a
murky old stump where we checked the fish finder and then cast some
really nice rapala's out to the greatest habitat we had ever seen in our
lives. We throw out a bobber and a juicy 'ol night crawler just in case....
And then the story ends......Tomorrow is another day....another report,
The Two zebco reels worked flawlessly, Yahoo, brand..........you can get
the idea.
So, what are we finding in these here rocks that are interesting,
Ebenezer would be a great candidate to spill what we are finding, think?
Seems suspicious we don't have a press release with REAL information,
other than navigation to different rocks.....where's the beef?
More...Bob and friends go to Nevada, perfect weather....oops, a
different ending....
Dave Freeman

Next episode: Bert and Ernie learn to drive a jeep in the woods!