[meteorite-list] barely on topic - 20 questions

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Dec 2 04:44:33 2004

meteorite related in only the loosest of terms.

check out this computerized 20 questions game:
http://y.20q.net/anon

naturally i wanted to see if it could guess a meteorite, and to my surprise
this is how the game played:

I am guessing that it is a meteorite?
Yes , No , Close
19. Is it inorganic? Yes.
18. Is it usually colorful? Sometimes.
     Can it scratch? Unknown.
17. Is it smaller than a golf ball? Sometimes.
16. Does it have cash value? Yes.
15. Can you lift it? Sometimes.
14. Is it small? Sometimes.
13. Is it dangerous? Doubtful.
12. Does it get really hot? Sometimes.
11. Is it found in mines? No.
10. Is it commonly used? No.
9. Can it be placed on your head? Sometimes.
8. Does it have legs? No.
7. Does it weigh more than a duck? Sometimes.
6. Is it heavier than a pound of butter? Sometimes.
5. Is it manufactured? No.
4. Can you walk on it? Irrelevant.
3. Is it multicolored? Sometimes.
2. Does it come in different colors? Yes.
1. It is classified as Mineral.

normally when I talk to someone about meteorites i get a 'meteor-what?'
response more often than not. maybe this is a sign of meteorites becoming
more of a common knowledge sort of thing... ?