[meteorite-list] Let there be light, and let it be good!

From: Kashuba, Ontario, California <mary.kashuba_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 3 00:41:15 2004

Dave,

I'd suggest that before buying or building anything fancy you experiment
with a couple plain ol' incandescent or halogen table or desk lamps at the
dining room table. Set the camera for incandescent light and shoot. You
might find the results to be quite good. Another point - flow lines and
other surface features will usually show better if the light source is
small, not large like a fluorescent bulb.

Just for fun, turn on your digital camera so the electronic viewing screen
is operating. Get your television remote controller, hold down one of the
volume adjustment buttons and view the business end of the controller with
the camera. The camera "sees" the "invisible" infrared.

John Kashuba
Ontario, California