[meteorite-list] Stolen Allende

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 3 15:20:21 2004

Mark wrote:

> Perhaps you would like me replace your missing Allende specimen with
> a piece from the Elbert King collection. I understand our first meteorite
> is somewhat dear and while I can not replace it, I can provide you...free
> of charge...a nice (fresh) representive specimen ...

Jerry responded:

> Mark, What a nice gesture. I wish I could have made
> a similar offer but all I own is my one piece.

Hello Mark and List,

Mark, my hat is off to you - bravo, kudos, from Germany. Sometimes you feel
like despairing with so many negative things going on around you - especially
now that it is Christmas time. I've had quite a few negative encounters today
but also two that elate my heart. One of these is your mail to Anita.

All my best
to you,

Bernd