AW: [meteorite-list] Pellisson, the end of a free meteorite hobby?

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 3 17:22:49 2004

Hi Bernd, and All,

I can assure you that this is no joke - I never would joke
around with these things, and neither would Bruno & Carine.
Have a look at the Pellisons website, and now imagine that
they are selling this crap to the media, and to institutions
that know nothing about meteorites, such as customs, and
other authorities. Just figure... the media usually don't
give a damn about a bunch of peaceful collectors who are
just enjoying their hobby, but then, if these people can
be blamed to fund terrorism they suddenly get attractive -
you know the story. What the Pellisons are claiming is that
everybody who has ever baught a NWA meteorite, conciously
or unconciously supports Islamistic terrorism. Of course,
WE know that this is total nonsense, but the media, and
even courts can be fooled, so beware of the beginnings.

Best,
Norbert