[meteorite-list] f's instead of s's

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Dec 5 10:14:47 2004

> from different parts of the kingdom in its progref northward ...

Hello Mark, Bernhard and List,

At least in the word "progress" this letter that looks like an "f"
indicates a double "s" - but it only looks a little like an "f".
It is actually a very elongated, slender "s" like the mathematical
symbol we use for an "integral". If you look at old maps of the
USA (I have just found the word "impossible" written like that
on a map dating back to the year 1771 "A General Map of the
Middle British Colonies in America", you'll see lots of them.

Best wishes,

Bernd