[meteorite-list] "f" instead of "s" - 1770'sstyle

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Dec 5 23:53:46 2004

Sterling ftrongly, wrote:

>As for consistency, Doug, besides being the hobgoblin
>of small minds, everyone spelt and lettered as the spirit >took them within the broad framework of the language.

Hmmm??? Sterling, probably everyone fmelt and smelt, not alike. I wouldn't use words as strong as cannonballs tonight. I bet the epitome of a philosopher's philosophy you quoted at least originally meant something but so quite different (and political) when written something like:

"A FOOLISH consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines."

Otherwise then, without the foolish, why even bother to classify meteorites, or anything else except philosophize eternally? Certainly not to make a point in logic. God doesn't require a label on meteorites to appreciate their beauty:) You've provided the ultimate argument against the necessity for standard classification in that thought, if there is any consistency to be had in the world! Or maybe there really is a point then. Howardite, Eucrite, Where's Waldo? Certainly not in the diogenite... Hats off to some majestically American hatched thought...

I know, I can't argue with anything you said, if we boldly throw ALL consistency out the window only to contradict tomorrow. Or is it just foolish?

Lest we forget, ccientific advancement and logical thought has a bafis or at leaft bafeline in confiftency. I fo do agree with your fumming-up poft Sterling, of courfe, of courfe, my kingdom for a horfe. Attributed to fakesphere.:)
Finest falutations, Doug
(Bill, pleafe erafe this poft fhould that it naught be of appeal to thee or fomehow offenfive. I am trying to find mine Doug infide, fadly loft fomewhere in a defert rainbow. Of courfe fhould thy contrary be, I'd covet thy public confabulations:))