[meteorite-list] RE: Dronino rusting

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Dec 6 17:38:26 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "J?rn Koblitz" <koblitz_at_microfab.de>
2. the SECOND best solution is to draw the salts out of the cracks by
applying electrolysis using KOH or NaOH solution (electrochemical cleaning).
This technique is well established and described in detail here:
http://nautarch.tamu.edu/class/anth605/File10a.htm#ELECTROCHEMICAL

Hello
This is my verry first test of electro-chemical cleaning.
I cleaned cuted specimen of Dronino around 700g. It was cleaned for 24 hours
in Water+ NaOH solution, but verry good cleaning results I see after
12hours.
So here is photos.
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/dronino_1.jpg
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/dronino_2.jpg

I not use hammer or iron brush on this surface. All rust disapear

Next object will be oriented Taza

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195