[meteorite-list] Decimal point vs. comma in numbers

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Dec 6 18:02:22 2004

> Hi Mike,
>
> It is customary in British/European reports to use periods
> instead of commas for easier reading of large numbers. So
> while 47.015 grams means 47.015 grams to you and me, in this
> case it should be interpreted as 47,015 grams (47.015 kg).

If we talking just about numbers I have different category question, mainly
to US people.
Something what make me always angry when I see it on eBay becouse this make
for me misunderstanding of what seller want to sell.
I talking about WHY some of You write ".5g" when normally this should be
This is any "slang" or You alvays write this also in official documents ????
Becouse this damn DOT is too little too see it on first reading.
Im just curious why You not write this zero :))

PS. I usually see it on Mike and Hupes auctions, and maybe others too (now
cant find it), so this is any US language rule or what ?

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195
--------[ Member of: Polish Meteoritical Society ]--------